What is AST?
- A head-to-head daily sports trivia division
- 12-day "Fortnights" occurring 7–8 times per year
- Matches Monday through Friday only
- Twenty-four hours to answer five questions
- Defensive strategy to stymie your opponent
- Promotion/relegation from one Fortnight to the next
One of the most popular openings in chess is the Ruy ____, named after a Spanish priest who was known as one of the foremost players and theoreticians of the 16th century.
In a certain game, the names of various “coups” span a wide range, from “Belladonna” to “Crocodile” to “Deschapelles” to “Merrimac” to “Morton’s Fork,” while the “Alcatraz” coup is an illegal variation. What’s the game?
Lucien Laurent was born in 1907 in the Paris suburb Saint-Maur-des-Fosses. What athletic feat, which has been duplicated more than 2,500 times since, did he accomplish for the first time approximately 10,700 kilometers southwest of his birthplace?
Scoring a World Cup goal